The Lucy Faithfull Foundation offers a range of child protection and child sexual abuse training programmes and courses to help frontline workers, professionals, volunteers and others working with children and families further their understanding of sexual abuse and sexual offending. This training can be delivered in conjunction with ongoing support and advice if it is required - such as specific case advice.
Our bespoke courses are designed in consultation with the client by specialists in their field. Our practitioners have years of experience and knowledge and deliver training courses which draw on latest research as well as their own experience. Our packages are compiled to that attendees can immediately implement what they have learned into the working practice.
We cover a range of subject areas (some of which are listed below), however, the aims and detailed content of training packages are tailored to the needs of the participants. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
- Adult male sexual offenders
- Female sexual offenders
- Children and young people who display harmful sexual behaviour
- Adolescents with learning difficulties and harmful sexual behaviour
- Young females with harmful sexual behaviour
- The sexual exploitation of children and young people
- Internet related offending
- Working with protective carers
- Impact issues for children and young people
- Supporting staff who work with sexual abuse
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Secure or non-secure residential care
- Safeguarding for foster placements
- Safeguarding in health settings
- Safeguarding in education settings
- Safeguarding in faith communities
- Safeguarding in the wider children's workforce
- Safer recruitment
One day courses and workshops
We also offer one day courses and workshops for small groups and individuals on set days in Bristol, Birmingham and Surrey. For more information, visit our one day workshops and courses page.
To discuss your training needs, contact the training co-ordinator on 01527 591922 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.