Criminal Justice System
Lucy Faithfull Foundation is a child protection charity with expertise in the area of sexual abuse and in the delivery of services within the criminal justice system.
For several years we assisted probation offender managers who chose to refer cases to us. This service was centrally funded by the Public Protection Unit (now PPMHG). We provided advice, assessment and some intervention with female sex offenders and advice regarding high risk males. Following the regionalisation of NOMS the PPMHG funded contract ended at 31st March 2010.
A recent evaluation of the services provided to NOMS was overwhelmingly positive with 92% finding the involvement helpful or extremely helpful. Not only had the guidance helped to manage offenders’ risk effectively, but the working relationship had benefited other complex cases. The feedback relating to female sexual offenders suggested on-going need to access expert advice in managing this population.
LFF continue to provide specialist services to Probation Trusts and Regions which choose to commission them. Download more information on services for Probation, Prisons and Approved Premises.
Specialist services regarding male and female sexual offenders
- Programmes for delivery by offender managers with support from LFF staff
- Pre-release risk assessments to assist with resettlement plans
- Intervention for offenders on short licences before their supervision expiry dates
- Specialist assessments and intervention plans for offenders with complex issues including learning difficulties and post traumatic stress disorder who often struggle to engage in supervision.
- Work with young adults aged 18 to 21. Offender managers supervising young men leaving our YOI based project (funded to 2012 by the YJB) can access on-going consultancy and support.
- Risk assessment advice on MAPPA level 3 offenders and individual work on their offending behaviour.
- Specialist case advice and support to prison, probation and YOT staff in managing and working with sexual offenders
- Psychometric measures to help formulate supervision and risk management plans.
For more information contact Simon Sauze on email@example.com or 01372 847160.
Female sexual offenders
Our work with female sexual offenders includes individually tailored supervision packages as part of a community order or as a licence requirement usually in collaboration with Approved Premises. This includes specialist advice to offender managers and AP staff managing and working with them. A similar service is available for male offenders.
Further information is available from Sheila Brotherston on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01527 591922 or from the JB Placement Unit.