Download a leaflet:
Inform - an educative programme for the family/friends of internet offenders
Inform Plus - an educative programme for internet offenders
Inform: the information forum for families and friends of people with internet problems
What is Inform?
Inform is an educative course designed to offer information and support to the partners, relatives and close
friends of people who have been charged in relation to child pornography accessed via the Internet.
Inform aims to providea ‘safe place’ to which people can bring their issues, problems and questions
and discuss them in an understanding and supportive environment. Each Inform group typically has 4-5
What does Inform cover?
- Dispel myths about Internet offending and provide you with the facts
- Explore questions such as:- ‘what made him do it?’ and ‘why didn’t he stop?’
- Consider practical issues including the implications of sentencing outcomes and the Sex Offenders’ Register
- Help you devise practical strategies to plan for the future, including ongoing risk management
- Provide emotional support to help you cope and alleviate feelings of stress and isolation
- Enhance your ability to aid your own, and your family’s, recovery
- The information you share will remain confidential unless it raises concerns about a child at risk.
How much does Inform cost?
The Inform Group course runs over 5 weeks with each session lasting between 2 and 2 ½ hours. As a charity we have to make a charge to help us cover costs. The cost to participants is £516. If you require a one-to-one programme, the cost is agreed on a case-by-case basis. We often have charitable funding that can be put towards the cost of the course. Please ring the Stop it Now! Helpline on 0808 1000 900 to discuss your individual needs.
Who runs Inform?
Course facilitators are all staff of the Lucy Faithfull Foundation, who are trained and experienced in working with family members or close friends of those who have been charged in relation to child pornography offences via the Internet. Each Inform group has two facilitators, who are available for on-going support via the Stop it Now! Freephone Helpline (0808 1000 900).
•You won’t have to reveal your full identity to other participants or share personal and relationship details in the sessions.
•The information you share will remain confidential unless it raises concerns about a child at risk.
•Wherever possible we are keen to offer a Programme to your family member or friend to help them to understand their problematic Internet behaviour and learn how to manage it in the future.
•The sessions will provide a ‘safe’ forum for you to ask your own questions and, if you wish, explore issues relating to your own situation.
To discuss the course in more detail, please call Stop it Now! helpline 0808 1000 900.
If you cannot attend one of our group programmes, it may be possible for us to deliver this programme on a one-to-one basis.