Inform Plus: the information forum for individuals with internet problems
What is Inform Plus?
The Inform Plus programme aims to offer support, advice, and information for those who have been arrested, cautioned or convicted in connection with indecent images of children. The ten-week programme offers a 'safe' group environment in which those who have been arrested for child pornography related offences can explore their behaviour and seek practical advice in order to avoid future re-offending.
Groups usually consist of around 6-8 men, with 2-3 specialists from the Lucy Faithfull Foundation.
What does Inform Plus cover?
- Inform Plus provides an opportunity for you to explore your offending behaviour in a structured but supportive environment, and to devise strategies for avoiding future internet offending.
- The behavioural process involved in this type of offending
- The effects on child victims
- The impact of your behaviour on you and those close to you
- Information about the criminal justice system
- Identifying goals for a positive future lifestyle.
The information you share during the sessions will remain confidential unless:
- It raises concerns about a child at risk
- You disclose previously unreported offences
- It has been agreed in advance to share information about your progress with other agencies.
How long is the course and how much does it cost?
The Inform Plus course runs over 10 weeks with each session lasting 2½ hours. Sessions are currently run in the evening. As a charity, we have to make a charge to help cover our costs. The cost to participants is £780 payable in advance. If you require a one-to-one programme, the cost is £880. If this is beyond your means, please let us know and we will try to explore top-up funding from other sources.
Where are the courses run?
At present the Inform Plus course is run in the South East, Avon and Somerset, the Midlands and the North. For further information about the location of these courses or whether there may be plans for a course in your area please contact us on the number below.
Help for your family and friends
We also provide a programme for partners, friends and family of those arrested, cautioned or convicted for child pornography related offences. For more details, please refer to the Inform pages of this site.
To discuss the course in more detail, please call Stop it Now! helpline on 0808 1000 900.
If you cannot attend one of our group programmes, it may be possible for us to deliver this programme on a one-to-one basis.