Get Help: www.get-help.stopitnow.org.uk
Get Help provides free, anonymous self-help resources for people who are worried about downloading and using illegal images, namely sexual images of children. The Get Help site is also available to both family and friends concerned about a person who has been accessing illegal images, and professionals.
More specifically, the aims of the site are as follows:
- To provide information about illegal images on the Internet and the law
- To help individuals identify and explore problematic Internet use.
- To assist individuals in learning techniques to help cope with difficult emotions and thoughts and to change problematic use of the Internet
The Get Help website specifically focuses upon two methods designed to help individuals:
- Education: A number of online resources are provided for individuals, such as selected reading lists of both online and offline material and information on legal issues
- Self-help: Self-help resources are broken down into different modules, each one takes a different approach to help you overcome your problem. Modules include exercises to undertake in order to assist individuals in understanding their behaviour.
Please note, Get Help is not a law enforcement organisation and therefore this site can be used completely anonymously.
If you want to talk about any of the issues raised on the site, you can call our confidential, Freephone helpline on 0808 1000 900.