Self Help: www.croga.org
www.croga.org provides free, anonymous self-help resources for people who are worried about downloading and using illegal images, namely child pornography. The CROGA site is available to both practitioners and those wishing to use the materials themselves.
More specifically, the aims of the site are as follows:
- To provide information about illegal images on the Internet and the law
- To help individuals identify and explore problematic Internet use.
- To assist individuals in learning techniques to help cope with difficult emotions and thoughts and to change problematic use of the Internet
The CROGA site specifically focuses upon two methods designed to help individuals:
- Education: A number of online resources are provided for individuals, such as selected reading lists of both online and offline material and information on legal issues
- Self-help: Self-help resources are broken down into different modules, each one takes a different approach to help you overcome your problem. Modules include exercises to undertake in order to assist individuals in understanding their behaviour.
Please note, www.croga.org is not a law enforcement organisation and therefore this site can be used completely anonymously.
If you want to talk about any of the issues raised on the site, you can call our confidential, freephone helpline on 0808 1000 900.