Principles that underpin the training, learning and development opportunities that we offer
- Children are central to our work and we are passionate in our belief that children have the right to live lives that are free from sexual harm and exploitation
- We understand why children and young people do not easily disclose sexual abuse
- We believe that the most effective assessments are those that are holistic and provide a fully integrated risk assessment of the situation as a whole, in both suspected and actual intrafamilal child sexual abuse
- We believe in integrated approaches between agencies and working together in order to protect children
- Our training reflects our belief that staff are the crucial resource for any organisation and as such should be valued and supported
- As an organisation committed to the prevention of child sexual abuse we have translated our knowledge and expertise into a comprehensive prevention strategy
We deliver child protection courses in the home area of the group or agency requesting training. These courses are tailor-made and can be delivered in conjunction with ongoing advice and support.
Bespoke courses are designed in consultation with the client by specialists in their field. Contact our training coordinator for more details. 01527 591922 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Training
The Lucy Faithfull Foundation is the only UK-wide charity dedicated solely to preventing child sexual abuse:
Our vision is of a society where children and young people are free from sexual abuse and exploitation
Our mission is to prevent abuse from happening by working in partnership with professionals in both the voluntary and statutory sector as well as the general public.
Our work is with entire families affected by abuse: adult male and female abusers; young people with inappropriate/harmful sexual behaviours; victims of abuse and other family members affected by it, including those close to people accused of or convicted of child sexual offences. Read more
Our approach is to work with organisations that want to make a real impact on the lives of children. Read more
Our training is delivered by experienced and specialist practitioners who are involved in undertaking specialist assessments; we provide clinical judgments for statutory and voluntary agencies and as Expert Witnesses in Court. We offer direct therapeutic interventions for children, young people and for adults. We have a wealth of knowledge about our subject, a great deal of insight into the behaviour of those who sexually harm others, and a real understanding of the impact issues on victims, protective carers and other family members. We offer conferences, seminars, and workshops that participants can access on an individual basis, and our bespoke training for groups and organisations is tailored to the needs of the individuals and the needs of their organisations.